Installing Wire Locks
- Install the end of one lock at 90 degress from the pick lock groove.
- Use a stiff small bladed screwdriver and insert the tip into the pick lock groove while you wedge the lock into the groove without kinking or deforming the lock.
- After the first lock is in place, seat the lock by solidly hitting the wrist pin with a brass drift pin.
- Now install the connecting rod and the second lock.
- Seat the second lock in the same manner as the first.
Just as a precaution, we recommend hitting each side of the wrist pin with the brass drift pin an additional time.
Perform these functions on a cloth towel or soft rubber pad so no damage to the piston occurs.